There are two airports which are located near Seoul: Incheon International Airport (for most of the international flights) and Gimpo International Airport (mainly for domestic flights, popularly from Jeju and Busan). From these two large airports, you have a lot of options to suit your purpose and pocket. Here are the guides on how to getting from Gimpo and Incheon airport to Seoul.
- Korea Railplus Card — Everything you need to know about Railplus Korail card
- Korea travel tips — 10 useful tips to traveling to South Korea for the first time
- Seoul budget trip — 4 useful tips to visit Seoul on a budget
- The reason why you should not throw away your Boarding Pass
- 10 best airports in Asia in 2016 [RANKED]
1. From Incheon Airport to Seoul
This is a high-speed train connecting the two airports to the city center, so the AREX train is the fastest way. You can spend the time from 45 minutes to 60 minutes, on board with comfortable chairs, free wifi, running from 6 hours to 23 hours. The minus point is to walk from the airport to the train station is a bit far, especially if heavy luggage. The AREX train also has two options: express train and 10 commuter train.
Express train: From Incheon airport, the terminal is Seoul Station, go on a non-stop road. The price is about 7 dollars; buy online only 6 dollars (1,000 won equivalent to 0.89 dollars).
Commuter train: Departs from Incheon Airport, stops 10 stations on the road, including stops at Gimpo Airport. Therefore, the route will be about an hour, the price is also cheaper, just over 3 dollars, suitable for many people who have hotels near the station.
This is the most economical way but the disadvantage is a long time due to stopping many stations, the train is quite crowded so if you have more luggage and crowded people are very tired. However, the subway has more stops, so you will find the hotel more convenient. If you want to take the subway, you buy T-Money card at the airport, recharge and find the signboard and follow the instructions are finished.
From Incheon Airport, go to line 1
From Incheon Airport there is a limousine bus, from 9 dollars to 13 dollars depending on the location. You need to check which station is closest to the hotel. This way is a bit higher than the AREX train; you can buy tickets at the ticket counter at the airport (floor 1F).
The inconvenience is that the site does not have a function to search destination. You should ask your hotel for a bus route. The advantage of the bus is that there are luggage compartments, seats for each person, not transfer lines such as the train.
This is the most expensive but most convenient way also. You do not waste time and energy to bring luggage. But this is only suitable for a crowded group, can be divided into cost, reduction or group of children, the elderly do not walk, drag the luggage is far. The price will depend on the location of the hotel, from 62 dollars to 80 dollars depending on the type of car travel from Incheon airport. You should ask the price to be cut hacked.
2. From Gimpo Airport to Seoul
AREX high-speed train
Like Incheon Airport, you can also take the AREX train, commuter (10 minutes to stop from Incheon Airport), departs from the Gimpo Airport. This method is very convenient and is used by many international tourists.
You can also take the regular subway from Gimpo Airport with line 5 or line 9 to central Seoul.
From Gimpo Airport, you can also take a cheaper taxi from Incheon because of the closer distance; the price is from 26 dollars to 53 dollars.
- Seoul itinerary 5 days — How to spend 5 days in Seoul & what to do in Seoul for 5 days perfectly?
- Seoul blog — The fullest Seoul travel guide blog for a wonderful budget trip to Seoul for the first time.
- Hotels in Central Seoul — Top 6 best cheap hostels in Seoul & best cheap hotels in Seoul.
- How to getting from Gimpo & Incheon airport to Seoul?
- Explore Common Ground Seoul — The concept mall you should visit when traveling to Seoul.
- Seoul budget trip — 4 useful tips to visit Seoul on a budget.
- Visiting Bukchon Village — One of the most beautiful villages in Seoul, South Korea.
- Visiting N Seoul Tower (Namsan Tower) — A tourist icon of Seoul, South Korea.
- Seoul cherry blossom — Top 9 best places to see cherry blossoms in Seoul.
- Exploring Namdaemun Market – One of the best street food in Seoul.
- Must buy in Korea — Top 23 cheap, famous & best things to buy in Korea (South Korea).
- Jeonju blog — The fullest Jeonju travel guide blog for a wonderful trip to Jeonju Hanok Village, South Korea.
Are you finding more top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out at here.