Seoul is Asia’s most fascinating destination in recent years because of the sweeping wave of Korean entertainment culture. Traveling to Seoul, South Korea is the dream of anyone, but the price in the capital is very expensive. Is there a way to travel to Korea at the most economical cost? Here are some things you can apply for your next Seoul trip to save money and time and get many great things. Let’s find out 4 useful tips to visit Seoul on a budget below.
- Seoul travel tips — Top 10 most useful Seoul tips for visiting Seoul & How to travel to Seoul on a budget
- How to get to Nami island from Seoul? — How to go & how to travel to Nami island from Myeongdong?
- Noryangjin Fish Market blog — Explore Noryangjin market & tasting King Crab at the largest fish market in Seoul
- Best Korean shows — 5 best live shows in Seoul & shows in Korea you should not miss
- Dongdaemun market guide — What to buy in Dongdaemun Market & what to eat at Dongdaemun food market in Seoul?
Use public transport cards
You do not be afraid to use public transportation because it is very convenient to move. If you buy a T-money or Cashbee card, you can travel by all public transportation like buses, subway or even some taxi companies.
These cards can be found easily at convenience stores in Seoul like CU, GS25, 7-Eleven, Ministop, With Me, Buy The Way, and Story Way. T-money cards are also available at the ticket stores in the subway stations. At the same time, these machines can recharge the card for you to use.
In addition, T-money and Cashbee cards are also used in many other cities throughout Korea, not only having in Seoul. Not only are you entitled to a discount on bus lines, subway or bus transfer to a subway, and vice versa, you also can save time when you do not have to buy an individual ticket for each moving time.
These types of cards are also easy to buy at the airport, at convenience stores. When they come back home, they can become a souvenir gift because their designs are so cute and unique.
Hire a homestay, hostel for backpacking tourism
If you travel alone or with a few friends, stay in homestays because it is much cheaper than a hotel (hotels in Korea are expensive). Moreover, in many homestays, guests can use the washing machine for free, so you needn’t bring too many clothes when traveling.
Another option is the hostel for backpacking tourism. Many places are quite nice and comfortable. This is also a good way for you – foreign visitors – to meet indigenous people, the opportunity to increase Korean and experience the different corners of Seoul that only local people know.
Eat as local people
Try eating places where local people visit Seoul frequently because these places which serve tasty and cheaper food. Street food is always the attractive and economical choice, to help you have a full night than having dinner in a luxury restaurant. When you stay at a homestay, hostel for backpacking travelers, you also get more advice or an introduction to good and cheap food places.
You should also save in your “note book” for Korean food names that you like to eat or want to try. For example:
Bibimbap: Rice is mixed with vegetables, meat, eggs and red hot chili sauce (or Dolsot bibimbap: mixing the rice in the bowl).
Samgye-tang: Chicken is stewed with the whole chicken which is stuffed with rice, onion, garlic, chili … marinated spices.
Japchae: noodle is mixing with meat and vegetables.
Jjajangmyeon: Korean Black Sauce noodle.
Bulgogi: Beef is marinated with spice and cooked after.
Haemul Pajeon: Seafood and onions pancakes.
Shopping in night markets
If you intend to shop, the Seoul night markets both on the ground and in the commercial centers of the subway station are worth place to visit. These places have everything for you want to find, and it’s also easier to bargain from clothing, accessories, to cosmetics, even street food.
Yeouido: It is located close to the Han River Park with a variety of eateries, entertainment venues, and artisanal shops.
Dongdaemun: There is many shopping places with Dongdaemun Design Plaza night market selling fashion goods, live art performances, Dongdaemun gold tents market selling clothes, accessories and late-night food markets.
Gwangjang: Located farther away from the Dongdaemun Gate is a popular traditional market with local items, delicious street food, traditional Korean costumes clothes…
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Seoul you can refer to
- Private Incheon International Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Private Incheon Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Incheon International Airport (ICN) Limousine Bus Transfers for Seoul (Gangnam District)
- Klook Exclusive Seoul 5 Day Pass
- Discover Seoul Pass (BTS Edition Available)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket! Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5 Days to travel around the cities in Korea
- Private Incheon Airport (ICN) and Gimpo Airport (GMP) Transfers for Seoul by S.A Tour
- Everland Private Car Charter with Admission Ticket by Wondertrip
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket for Seoul
- [Limited Offer] AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket in Seoul
- Bukchon Oneday Hanbok Rental Experience (4/24 Hrs)
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus (Downtown Palace Namsan Course/Seoul Panorama Course)
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [Sale] Hanbok Experience (Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung Store) with Korean Hairstyling
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you finding more top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out here.