I’m Julien Knez from Paris (France). I found photos of Paris taken between 1871 and 1968, and then photographed the same site from the same angle. Here are some pictures from my new book “Paris, Fenêtres sur l’Histoire”, published by Parigramme.
- The story of the chimneys on the rooftops of Paris
- Paris travel blog — Visiting Paris to hear the most famous bridges in Paris tell stories
- 18 facts about the Eiffel Tower you should know
- 15+ images show romantic French kisses along Seine river over time
- Paris 3 days 2 nights itinerary — How to spend 3 days in Paris & what to do in Paris in 3 days perfectly? (PART 3)
When historical photographs are inserted into contemporary settings, we open astonishing windows to the past. More than ever, the inquisitive contemporary spectator is plunged into the depths of time, as if given the opportunity to stroll on different stages, at the heart of History in the making.