We travelers all understand the joy of bringing something back to our loved ones and friends. Whether it’s just a specialty food or a simple local product, gift-giving is a very meaningful thing. Therefore, the following 15+ unique Taiwanese souvenirs are great options to purchase when traveling to Taiwan. Continue reading this post to learn what these meaningful gifts are!
- Must buy souvenir in Taiwan — Top 17+ most famous, cheap & best things to buy in Taiwan
- Where to shop in Taipei blog — 5 Cheap places to shop in Taipei & best shopping area in Taipei
- Top night markets in Taiwan — 11 most famous, must-go & best night markets in Taiwan
- Where to shop in Kaohsiung?— 10 best night markets, shopping malls & best shopping places in Kaohsiung
- Where to shop in Taipei?— 10+ top shopping malls & best shopping places in Taipei
So, what is best to buy in Taiwan, what is famous in Taiwan, what should I buy in Taiwan, what souvenirs to buy in Taiwan, what to bring home from Taiwan,what to buy in Taiwan? Let’s check out our suggested 15+ best things to buy in Taiwan, best gifts from Taiwan,best Taiwan souvenirs, cheap things to buy in Taiwan, good souvenirs from Taiwan, must buy in Taiwan, things must buy in Taiwan as follows!
Pineapple cake (# what to buy in taiwan)
Pineapple cake is a specialty that visitors cannot miss when coming to Taiwan. And, it is also a suitable gift to bring back because it is compact and easy to store. This cake has a soft crust and a sweet pineapple filling that is available almost everywhere. In addition to pineapple filling, you can also choose mango or taro flavors.
Oolong tea (# what to bring home from taiwan)
Tea has been one of Taiwan’s famous agricultural products for centuries with Taiwan’s oolong tea being loved and appreciated worldwide. Tea is grown in different regions and processed separately to bring many flavors to visitors. Tea varieties grown at altitudes above 1,000 meters or small areas often have higher prices due to their popularity. This is definitely a suitable Taiwanese souvenir for relatives, friends, lovers, or supervisors that you shouldn’t forget.
Iron eggs are Taiwanese souvenirs (# what souvenirs to buy in taiwan)
Recognized as one of Taiwan’s most impressive dishes, this unique iron egg snack is prepared with great care, attention, and sophistication. A special feature of the eggs is that they are hard-boiled and soaked in herbal water until the whites turn black. When eaten, iron eggs have the aroma of herbs, hard whites, and rich yolks.
Shuili pottery is suitable as a souvenir of Taiwan (# things must buy in taiwan)
According to the experience of many people who often visit Taiwan, Shuili pottery is very popular with tourists coming here. It not only has a sophisticated aesthetic but also beautiful patterns that stand the test of time. In particular, Shuili pottery possesses the historical and traditional characteristics of Taiwan, which is also the reason why ceramic products here are so popular. If you do not know what to buy as gifts or souvenirs, we recommend you choose the Shuili Ceramic Cup Set.
Jade jewelry as a Taiwan souvenir (# must buy in taiwan)
When choosing Taiwanese souvenirs, many people purchase jade jewelry. These pieces of jewelry are very famous products, often appearing in Chinese historical dramas. Jade jewelry is not only beautiful but also a lucky feng shui item. At the same time, this gemstone is also considered to be very good for health.
Oil-paper umbrella (# best things to buy in taiwan)
For the Hakka people in Taiwan, oil-paper umbrellas are a symbol of prosperity and luck, the patterns on the umbrellas are decorated with eye-catching vibrant colors and many unique decorative shapes and textures. Oil paper umbrellas are often used as decorative items, sold in southern Kaohsiung or some old streets in Taipei.
Mini sky lanterns (# best gifts from taiwan)
Every year in Taiwan, there is a sky lantern festival that takes place in Pingxi District, New Taipei. This place attracts tens of thousands of visitors annually to come here to release sky lanterns. This is also the only place in Taiwan where people are allowed to release sky lanterns. Sky lanterns are filled up with the wish of the sender, wishing for peace and luck. Visitors can buy small sky lanterns as souvenirs at the stalls at Pingxi Night Market. Each lantern contains a meaningful wish that visitors purchase for themselves or as a gift for friends and family.
Decorative magnets (# what is best to buy in taiwan)
The magnets are designed with eye-catching colors, and the details on the magnets are very delicate with bold Taiwanese shades, suitable for home decoration or as meaningful souvenirs for friends. They range from landmarks to cuisine to festivals, all made around the quintessential island themes.
Taiwanese-style postcards (# best taiwan souvenirs)
Although the usual postcards are not typically chosen as souvenirs, these Taiwanese postcards are completely different. They are made of special materials and decorated with famous local sights. So there is no reason not to choose these cards as gifts.
Taiwan peanut candy (# cheap things to buy in taiwan)
Regular Taiwanese peanut candies are quite hard and chewy and contain a lot of peanuts. Sometimes they’re sprinkled with a little sesame or brown sugar. But overall, this is an attractive specialty and makes a very good gift. You can buy peanut candies all over Taiwan, especially during major festivals.
Sun cake (tai yang ping)
Sun cake is a traditional sponge cake that is sweet, soft, and fragrant. The lovers of sweetness cannot forget this cake. Sun cake is a totally right choice to enjoy as well as as a gift.
Meat floss (# what to buy in taiwan)
Taiwanese meat floss has its own processing method and will satisfy even the most demanding diners. The Taiwanese meat floss is prepared meticulously and sophisticatedly to make it porous and soft, but still rich in the typical Taiwanese flavor. In addition to the traditional spicy meat floss, you can choose different types of meat floss made with other ingredients such as seaweed. This is great as a side dish or served with white rice.
Seal of Aragonite
This is a Taiwanese souvenir made from Aragonite quartz. This gemstone is the result of crystallization from minerals in volcanic eruptions under the ocean. In Taiwan, there’s a trend of using Aragonite to make seals, which have an exotic and eye-catching shape. You will definitely be delighted when you see this strange, unique souvenir for the first time.
Taiwan is very famous for Ganoderma lucidum, which is very beneficial to human health. Ganoderma helps prevent cholesterol synthesis, resist radiation, and increase the effect of radiation therapy. Buying it for family members and close friends is a precious and remarkable gift.
Small Taiwanese souvenir
On a tight budget but you still want to purchase for yourself a Taiwanese souvenir? If so, you can choose small and pretty souvenirs such as brocade bracelets, perfume bags, anime and manga key chains, and so on. These souvenirs will follow you wherever you go. Of course, if you choose one of them as a gift, the recipient will be able to wear it comfortably. It’s a way to show your thoughts and care via the Taiwanese souvenir you’re giving.
Buying Taiwanese souvenirs is not too difficult. If you still haven’t decided on the answer, don’t forget to refer to the suggestions above. You will have the most interesting and meaningful souvenir.
Currently, there are direct flights or connecting flights to Taiwan available from Vietnam Airlines, Scoot, Thai Airways, and Singapore Airways. What are you waiting for? Quickly visit travel websites to book flight tickets to Taiwan as well as accommodations and find out about the must-see tourist attractions!
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taipei you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport MRT Ticket & Exclusive Shopping Coupon
- Luxury Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Explore Taipei City
- Taipei Free Walking Tour Historic Route
- Taipei Double Decker Bus Tour
- Taipei Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter : Jiufen, Pingxi, and North Coast (Chinese/English/Korean)
- Northeast Coast Scenic Day Tour
- Jiufen Shuttle Bus from Ximen
- Yehliu, Shifen, and Jiufen Day Tour with Korean and English Speaking Guides
- Taipei: Yehliu Geopark, Jiufen, Shifen, and Golden Waterfall Day Tour
- EasyCard (TPE Airport Pick Up)
- Klook Pass Taipei (For international travelers)
- Taipei 101 Observatory Ticket
- Maokong Gondola Ticket
- Yeliou, Jinguashih, Juifen and Shihfen Join Day Tour
- Taipei Unlimited Fun Pass
- Taipei: Beitou and Yangmingshan One-Day Tour
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you finding more top things to do in Taipei: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Taipei itinerary 4 days — How to spend 4 days in Taipei & what to do in Taipei for 4 days perfectly?