Cameron Malaysia not only has beautiful natural scenery, extremely fresh and cool air, large tea hills, but it also has many specialties for you to buy as gifts for your loved ones at home. So, what is famous in Cameron Highlands and what to buy in Cameron Highlands? Let’s check out our Cameron Highlands shopping guide with the suggested +9 must buy Cameron Highlands souvenir, best things to buy in Cameron Highlands to find out the answer!
- Where to shop in Penang? — 5+ best shopping malls in Penang & best places to shop in Penang
- Where to shop in Kuala Lumpur? — 8 best places & best shopping malls in Kuala Lumpur
- Where to shop in Melaka? — 10 best places to shop in Malacca, Malaysia
- What to buy in Penang? — 12 must-buy Penang souvenirs, gifts & best things to buy in Penang
- What to buy in Malacca? — +17 must have & best things to buy in Melaka
What to buy in Cameron Highlands: Tea
What is famous in Cameron Highlands? Cameron is famous as the largest growing tea plantations in Malaysia, where tea is grown on the vast hillsides and is considered a famous specialty of this land.
You not only can visit immense tea hills, you can also leisurely sit and enjoy its fragrant tea right in the middle of the tea hills with your friends, the price of a hot teapot is about $5.17. The taste of tea in Cameron is very fragrant and unique, so this is a very meaningful gift.
You can also choose to buy tea bags that are dried or dipped tea packages to bring back as gifts for family members, especially grandparents. This Cameron specialty gift is usually priced from $6.47 to $8.62/kg of tea. You should buy at Cameron Valley tea farm to buy the best tea package at the best price!
Where to buy
Cameron Valley Tea House 2
Address: 34.5 Mile Cameron Highlands, 39000 Tanah Rata, Pahang, Malaysia
Phone: +60 5-491 5100
What is famous in Cameron Highlands: Strawberry
Cameron is not only famous for its large tea plantations, but this land is also known for its red succulent strawberry, a specialty fruit of the highlands. With a cool climate like in Dalat, Vietnam, there are many strawberry farms with different varieties that attract many tourists to visit and shop.
If you still don’t know what to buy in Cameron Highlands? Strawberries will probably be the most meaningful gift for your loved ones. Visiting the farm, you can not only see the strawberries with its signature red bright, learn how to grow and care for strawberries from experienced gardeners, but also buy boxes of fresh and succulent strawberries.
A box of fresh strawberries bought at the farm is not expensive, in addition, there are some products made from strawberries such as strawberry jam, strawberry cake you can also buy as gifts when traveling here.
In addition fresh strawberry or jam, you can buy other souvenirs made from strawberry such as strawberry chocolate, dried strawberry, strawberry tea… even keychains.
Teh Tarik Tea
Not only in Cameron, Teh Tarik tea is a famous milk tea in all regions of Malaysia. This is a special kind of tea of the Malaysians formed during the British colonial period. Tea is combined with full-fat milk to create a rich sweetness for this drink.
You will be able to witness first-hand how the tea sellers perform the graceful movements of “pulling” the tea from the large pot with a very long spout to the smaller pots skillfully.
Not only selling a cup of Teh Tarik tea, but the seller also serves a beautiful street performance for the tea-goers who can’t take their eyes off. You can see mobile tea stalls selling Teh Tarik tea in Cameron at the traditional Malaysian markets.
If you want to bring back Teh Tarik tea as a gift when traveling to Cameron for your loved ones, you can choose ready-made tea bags with the same fresh taste as enjoying right in Malaysia. With the price from $3.45 to $4.31, you can buy this tea bags.
Cameron is a place with a cool climate suitable for growing a lot of herbs. Therefore, if you do not know what to buy in Cameron Malaysia as a gift, herbs and medicines made from them are easy things to buy as gifts for your mother or grandmother.
Here, you can easily buy medicinal herbs to treat simple diseases such as joint pain, colds, sinusitis, etc. or herbs used in cooking.
Depending on the herbs you buy will have different prices, usually they are also very affordable, so don’t worry about buying them at the traditional markets in Cameron or in the supermarket in Cameron Square. Herbal tea is also a worth to buy item here.
What to buy in Cameron Highlands: Durian Chocolate
Durian is a fruit that is grown a lot in Malaysia with premium quality and is also imported to other countries including Singapore. Because it is a gift with a specific taste, the combination of durian and chocolate creates a delicious gift for you to buy as a gift when traveling to Cameron.
You can easily buy these durian chocolate packets at the supermarkets in Cameron Square, a shopping center in the highlands, or at the grocery stalls and shops in the traditional markets.
Cameron Highlands souvenir: Cactus plant
Ornamental cactus plants are grown a lot in Kea Farm Market, with many different species, sizes depending on the type, you feel like you are lost in a garden of only cacti. Each cactus will have a different shape, so its price also depends on each cactus pot.
Cameron grows a lot of cacti with many different varieties, a meaningful gift in Cameron for friends.
What could be better than buying a beautiful pot of cactus for your friends after Cameron Highlands trip. In addition, instead of buying cacti, you can choose to buy a few tropical flower varieties with eye-catching colors at a pretty cheap price.
Cameron Highlands souvenir: Wild honey
Surely everyone knows the use of wild honey is very good for human health, so it is known as one of the special foods with good nutrients, so many people choose to buy specialties. back as a gift before leaving Cameron.
Wild honey is obtained by foresters from the rainforests of Cameron. The taste of wild honey is sweet, unlike the type of honey cultured for molasses, so the price of honey here is quite high.
You can easily find wild honey in traditional markets in Cameron at a cheaper price than you would buy in a big supermarket and also easier to bargain.
In addition gifts and souvenirs above you can buy other gifts such as keychains, t-shirts to bring back home.
Cameron Highlands shopping guide: Where to buy in Cameron Highlands?
Below we suggest some prestigious places to buy gifts in Cameron.
To choose the right gifts for your loved ones at home, below we will summarize some cheap shopping places in Cameron Malaysia you should visit.
- Brinchang Night Market (Golden Hills Weekend Night Market): Address: Jalan Sungai Ruil, Brinchang, 39000 Brinchang, Pahang, Malaysia/Hours: Friday, Saturday: 5–11PM.
- Rose Center: Address: Rose Centre, Kea Farm, 39000 Brinchang, Pahang, Malaysia/Hours: 8:30AM–6PM.
- Cameron Valley Tea House 2: Address: 34.5 Mile Cameron Highlands, 39000 Tanah Rata, Pahang, Malaysia/Hours: 8:30AM–6P/Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 8AM–7PM.
- Kea Farm Market: Address: 43&44, Medan Argo, Kea Farm, 39100 Brinchang, Pahang, Malaysia/Hours: 8AM–1PM.
- Cameron Square: Address: Brinchang, 39000 Brinchang, Pahang, Malaysia/Hours: 10AM–10PM.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to from Kuala Lumpur and Cameron Highlands you can refer to
- Cameron Highlands Day Tour
- Taman Negara Private Day Tour from Kuala Lumpur
- Sunrise Spectacular Mossy Forest Tour
- [Klook Exclusive] The Sheep Sanctuary Admission Ticket at Cameron Highland
- Cameron Highlands and Mossy Forest Half Day Tour
- Private Airport Transfers (KLIA/KLIA2) for Kuala Lumpur
- Shared Bus Transfers between Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 and KL Sentral by AeroBus
- KL Pass in Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur City Full Day Tour
- Kuala Lumpur Suburbs and Batu Caves
- KL Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus Pass (24/48 Hours)
- KL TravelPass (Metro Card) in Kuala Lumpur
- [SALE] 4G Prepaid SIM Card (MY Airports Pick Up) for Malaysia
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for Malaysia
Are you looking for more Kuala Lumpur travel guide and top things to do in Kuala Lumpur: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Kuala Lumpur blog (KL blog) — The fullest guide for a budget trip to Kuala Lumpur And Kuala Lumpur 1 day itinerary — How to spend 24 hours in Kuala Lumpur?