- Where to shop in Taipei?— 10 top shopping malls & best shopping places in Taipei
- Top night markets in Taiwan — 11 most fanous, must-go & best night markets in Taiwan
- Treasure Hill Taipei blog — The guide to Treasure Hill Taipei Artist Village for first-timers
- Ximending food blog — What to eat in Ximending, Taipei?
- Where to stay in Taipei on a budget? — 5 best cheap hostels in Taipei near the city center
Shilin Night Market is divided into two areas: food court and goods area. In the evening, the whole market is brilliant with twinkling lights from hundreds of flashing signs, making you feel like this market “never sleep”. Immerse yourself in the bustling atmosphere of the market, while shopping and enjoying the bustling nightlife of Taipei, nothing is better!
For those who love bubble milk tea remember to keep your head cold when you visit the market because there are so many milk tea stalls here, and the quality of Taipei buble milk tea is not controversial. Especially, near this market, there is the famous Kuo Yuan Ye Museum of Cake and Pastry (Address: No. 546, Wenlin Rd., Shilin Dist | 4f, Taipei 11159, Taiwan / Hours: 9AM–5:30PM / Phone: +886 2 2838 2700). Before visiting Shilin market, you can visit the museum to experience learning and how to making pineapple cakes and other traditional cakes of Taiwan.
Read more: Taipei night market food — Top 18 best Taipei street food night market you should try.
Shilin Night Market
Address: No. 101, Jihe Rd, Shilin District, Taipei City
Hours: 4PM–12AM / Saturday: 3PM–1AM; Sunday: 3PM–1AM
Getting there: MRT Jiantan
Best shopping place in Taipei: Taiwan Handicraft Promotion Center
After having a good time in the famous markets, we should stop by to buy some Taipei gifts for relatives and friends, don’t you? Pineapple cake has long become a “mainstream” gift for the “home team”. So why don’t we choose to buy another more unique and “Taipei” gift. Try visiting the Taiwan Handicraft Promotion Center to buy a handicraft product to see if your parents are admiring? The center is a fairly simple white building, but inside is a treasure trove of Taiwanese traditional handicrafts. Coming here to learn about Taiwan culture is also quite interesting!
Read more: Must buy souvenir in Taiwan — Top 17 most famous, cheap & best things to buy in Taiwan.
Taiwan Handicraft Promotion Center
Address: No. 1, Xuzhou Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, Taiwan 100
Phone: +886 2 2393 3655
Getting there: NTU Hospital MRT Station
The same red subway line of NTU Hospital Station, continue toward Taipei Main Station and get off at Zhongshan Station, then walking about 160m to the lovely Rilakkuma Cha-ya Restaurant from the decor, dining table, tea cup milk to each cake plate. Rilakkuma bear fans will definitely love this shop.
Address: No.23, Ln. 20, Sec. 2, Zhongshan N. Rd., Zhongshan Dist., Taipei 104, Taiwan
Phone: +886 2 2543 3030
Best shopping in Taipei Taiwan: Eslite Xinyi Bookstore
For those who love books will definitely love this place. Here, you can easily find a wide range of books from science, history, culture, geography, foreign languages, foreign languages to showbiz magazines. This bookstore is also located very close to the Taipei 101 tower, so you can combine to visit these two locations once for convenience. The bookstore not only has books but also sells a lot of other cute stationery items as well. In particular, the bookstore also has many pretty hot angles for you to pose freely to virtual living.
Eslite Xinyi Store
Address: No. 11, Songgao Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City, Taiwan 110
Phone: +886 2 8789 3388
Getting there: MRT Zhongxiao Dunhua
Early morning departure from the hotel to visit Taipei 101 tower and Eslite bookstore, it is also noon. Near this location, there is a famous Taiwanese hot pot restaurant for your reference. Go back to the green line at Zhongxiao Dunhua station and go to Taipei City Hall station, Exit 2 and you can reach the Red 99 Mala Spicy Hot Pot restaurant to enjoy spicy hot pot made in famous Sichuan cuisine style. The half day of strolling was too effective, right?
Red 99 Mala Spicy Hot Pot
Address: No. 7, Lane 131, Yanji Street, Da’an District, Taipei City, Taiwan 106
Phone: +886 2 2772 3938
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taipei you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport MRT Ticket & Exclusive Shopping Coupon
- Luxury Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Explore Taipei City
- Taipei Free Walking Tour Historic Route
- Taipei Double Decker Bus Tour
- Taipei Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter : Jiufen, Pingxi, and North Coast (Chinese/English/Korean)
- Northeast Coast Scenic Day Tour
- Jiufen Shuttle Bus from Ximen
- Yehliu, Shifen, and Jiufen Day Tour with Korean and English Speaking Guides
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you finding more top things to do in Taipei: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Taipei travel blog — The fullest Taipei city guide for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.