- Weird Korean food — Top 19 strange food in Korea & Korean exotic food dare you to try
- What to eat in Seoul blog — 9 must eat food in Seoul & must try food in Seoul & best places to eat them
- Myeongdong food blog — Top 12 Myeongdong best food & Myeongdong street food you must eat
- Exploring Namdaemun Market — One of the best street food in Seoul
- Seoul itinerary 6 days — How to spend 6 days in Seoul on a budget perfectly?
Address: 59-5, Myeong-dong 1-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul
Phone: +82 2-6361-8799
Price Range: 20.000 ~ 30.000 Won
There are plenty of snacks, street food stalls in Hongdae area with countless delicious dishes waiting for you to explore at very cheap prices. This area with Myeongdong is quite similar, you will easily be able to buy yourself delicious food, both eating and walking around the street, shopping and watching the unique street music performances.
Looking for more things to do in Hongdae, read more: Hongdae travel blog — How to visit, what to do in Hongdae & what to eat in Hongdae?
Food area around Konkuk University
Like Korean dramas or movies, it is common to see boys and girls who are dating and eating at the sidewalks, the Konkuk University culinary area also is like that. This area garthers quite a lot of students, and has a lot of eateries, restaurants in the student style who are both delicious and cheap. Especially, come here you have to try the grilled cheese intestines and lamb hotpot.
Students in this area often invite each other to chill on weekends. Try to experience how Korean students are.
Where to eat street food in Seoul: Namdaemun Market
Namdaemun Market is very large, with up to 9 gates, comfortable for you to explore with the very rich local cuisine and Korean street food. The market sells many items from confectionery, clothes, home appliances, … from wholesale to retail.
This market has a very famous dish: Galchi Jorim (Korean Spicy Braised Beltfish or Spicy Braised Hairtail Stew). Fish are stewed until bones burnt but still keep intact form and serve with white rice and kimchi. In addition, there are many other attractive dishes are sold in the market stalls with extremely attractive flavors at affordable price. Spending a whole day exploring the cuisine at Namdaemun market is a good idea.
Address: 21 Namdaemunsijang 4-gil, Hoehyeon-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Operating Hours: Varies by stores / Closed: Sundays
Phone: +82 2-753-2805
Gwangjang traditional food market
A traditional food market located in the middle of modern Seoul. There are both large restaurants and roadside food stalls here, but Korean natives when going to Gwangjang market often prefer to eat at street stalls. You can go to this area to eat and shop for Korean specialties to bring back as gifts for relatives and friends. Some dishes you should to try here are bindaetteok pancakes made from green beans, tteokbokki, odeng fish cake skewers, steamed buns (dumplings), sticky rice cake and live octopus … In this market, sugarcane juice is sold quite similar to sugarcane juice in Vietnam.
Address: 88 Changgyeonggung-ro, Jongno 4(sa)-ga, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Hours: 9AM-6PM / Charity stores 10AM-7PM / Food street ~11PM / Closed : Sundays (Food Street open all year-round)
Phone: +82 2-2267-0291
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Seoul you can refer to
- Private Incheon International Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Private Incheon Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Incheon International Airport (ICN) Limousine Bus Transfers for Seoul (Gangnam District)
- Klook Exclusive Seoul 5 Day Pass
- Discover Seoul Pass (BTS Edition Available)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket! Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5 Days to travel around the cities in Korea
- Private Incheon Airport (ICN) and Gimpo Airport (GMP) Transfers for Seoul by S.A Tour
- Everland Private Car Charter with Admission Ticket by Wondertrip
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket for Seoul
- [Limited Offer] AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket in Seoul
- Bukchon Oneday Hanbok Rental Experience (4/24 Hrs)
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus (Downtown Palace Namsan Course/Seoul Panorama Course)
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [Sale] Hanbok Experience (Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung Store) with Korean Hairstyling
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you finding more top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out here.