There are many restaurants in Seoul serving Korean traditional cuisine, you can refer to some restaurants below.
- Weird Korean food — Top 19 strange food in Korea & Korean exotic food dare you to try
- Where to eat street food in Seoul? — 5 best restaurant & best street food area in Seoul you must-visit
- Myeongdong food blog — Top 12 Myeongdong best food & Myeongdong street food you must eat
- Noryangjin Fish Market blog — Explore Noryangjin market & tasting King Crab at the largest fish market in Seoul
- Best Korean shows — 5 best live shows in Seoul & shows in Korea you should not miss
Address: 50 63-ro, Yeoeuido-dong, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Hours: 11:30AM–3PM, 5:30–10PM
Phone: +82 2-789-5751
Myth Jokbal Hongdae
Address: 123-1 Eoulmadang-ro, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-337-2111
Myeongdongjeong Royal Korean Cuisine
Address: South Korea, Seoul, Jung-gu, Chungmuro 2(i)-ga, 삼일대로 299
Phone: +82 2-3789-5130
Address: 25 Namdaemun-ro 5-gil, Bukchang-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-318-3088
What to eat in Seoul blog: The legendary street foods
These street foods are sold throughout markets to shopping streets in Korea such as Myeongdong, Hongdae, Dongdaemun, … with the price from 1.000 won. It is not difficult to see many people from indigenous people to tourists gathering around the street food stalls. Korean traditional cuisine is very special, but street food are the key factor that make Korean cuisine more popular.
Tteokbokki (Spicy Rice Cakes)
This dish is made from rice cakes, then stir-fired with scallions, boiled eggs and lots of Korean chili paste, soy sauce. I love this dish so much, eating in Korea is very different from eating in Vietnam.
Odeng (Korean Fish Cake Soup)
Fish cakes are made into long pieces and skewered into bamboo sticks, then cooked in fragrant broth and steamed with smoke. Each time I eat 4 sticks to satisfy my addiction.
Hotteok (Korean Sweet Pancakes)
Hotteok is the common name for cakes made from cereals in Korea. The round cakes with yellow bright color are fried in a large oil pan, eating well without getting greasy.
Sundae (Korean Blood Sausage)
Korean blood sausage is very different from Vietnamese sausage. The inside of Sundae is many ingredients, including glutinous rice, vegetables, barley and various spices as well as pork, all stuffed in the shell made by intestines of pork or cow. When eating, you dip it in a strange powder. It’s a bit hard to eat for those who are picky, but it’s worth a try. This dish is usually served with instant noodles or tteokbokki. From my personal point of view, dip Sundae in the sauce of tteokbokki is more delicious than dip in that powder.
The “super big giant” hot dogs are fried until golden-brown and served with chili sauce, cheese and mustard with the inside of sausage, diced potatoes, covered with a frying powder, so tasty.
Korean Fried Chicken
Fried chicken in Korea has a lot of flavors for you to choose from, and the sauce used to dip fried chicken must be said to be extremely delicious. Korean youth often buy fried chicken to bring to the park or the banks of Han River to eat, chat, drink some beer, there is nothing better.
And there are many other delicious dishes in Seoul that I have not had the opportunity to explore to share with all of you, so if you discover any new dish, plz share with Living Nomads to add to our list of delicious dishes. Now there is no need to worry about “what to eat in Seoul?” anymore. Whoever asks, just share this article for them instead of the answer.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Seoul you can refer to
- Private Incheon International Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Private Incheon Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Incheon International Airport (ICN) Limousine Bus Transfers for Seoul (Gangnam District)
- Klook Exclusive Seoul 5 Day Pass
- Discover Seoul Pass (BTS Edition Available)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket! Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5 Days to travel around the cities in Korea
- Private Incheon Airport (ICN) and Gimpo Airport (GMP) Transfers for Seoul by S.A Tour
- Everland Private Car Charter with Admission Ticket by Wondertrip
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket for Seoul
- [Limited Offer] AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket in Seoul
- Bukchon Oneday Hanbok Rental Experience (4/24 Hrs)
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus (Downtown Palace Namsan Course/Seoul Panorama Course)
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [Sale] Hanbok Experience (Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung Store) with Korean Hairstyling
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you finding more top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out here.