Namdaemun is the largest traditional market in Korea. Here, not only go for sightseeing, you can also find the most delicious fruits and vegetables, the specialty of the land of kimchi. The market is also a gateway for you to enter the world of Korean cuisine with special and rich foods, especially famous street food. Namdaemun is a busy, bustling market, constantly open throughout the night from 11 pm to 4 am the next morning.
- Seoul itinerary 6 days — How to spend 6 days in Seoul on a budget perfectly?
- Explore Ikseon Dong Seoul — Visit Ikseon Dong Hanok Village & Top 9 things to do in ikseon dong
- How to get to Nami island from Seoul? — How to go & how to travel to Nami island from Myeongdong?
- Noryangjin Fish Market blog — Explore Noryangjin market & tasting King Crab at the largest fish market in Seoul
- Best Korean shows — 5 best live shows in Seoul & shows in Korea you should not miss
Address: 21 Namdaemunsijang 4-gil, Hoehyeon-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-753-2805
Myeongdong is one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Korea – Seoul’s premier and most bustling shopping street, the world of fashion, cosmetics, beauty and modern beauty worship. Once getting lost in Myeongdong, make sure you don’t want to leave. This is also the famous place for theme cafes, especially the Hello Kitty cafe, puppy and cats cafe.
Lotte World is one of Korea’s most vibrant entertainment complexes with the world’s largest indoor entertainment area. In addition, Lotte World has an outdoor entertainment area called Magic Land which is an artificial island connected to a bustling shopping mall.
Lotte World also owns a luxury hotel, Lotte World Folk Museum, sports playground, modern cinema and countless attractions. Indeed, Lotte World is a top entertainment area.
Address: 240 Olympic-ro, Jamsil-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Area: 13 ha
Hours: 9:30AM–10PM / Sunday: Closed
Theme: indoor planet ride
Founded: July 12, 1989
National Museum of Korea
Founded in 1909, the National Museum of Korea is one of the largest museums, where many precious documents and artifacts are kept in relation to history, culture and art.
Every year, this museum welcomes more than 3 million visitors and becomes one of the most favorite museums in the world, the third favorite museum in Asia.
Address: 137 Seobinggo-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul 04383, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-2077-9000
Jogyesa Temple is Korea’s largest and most important Buddhist temple. The temple was built in 1395 in the early Joseon Dynasty. Every year, on the Buddha’s birthday, the temple is sparkling again, glowing in candlelight and colorful lanterns. Buddhists all over Korea and tourists are looking forward to the festival to admire the traditional rituals, parades and many fun folk games.
Address: 45 Gyeonji-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul 110-170, South Korea
This shrine is the place to worship the kings and queens of the Joseon Dynasty of Korea. Jongmyo is also a special highlight in this country’s history and culture. In 1998, Jongmyo Temple was recognized by UNESCO as the oldest monument need to be preserved. Jongmyo shrine is located next to Changdeokgung palace so you can visit both points very convenient.
Address: 157 Jong-ro, Hunjeong-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-765-0195
Bukhansan National Park
The Korean territory is nearly the size of state Kentucky of the US, but there are 22 national parks with extremely rich ecosystems and beautiful natural landscapes. One of them is located in the outskirts of Seoul. Interesting trekking trips to Mount Bukhansan are chosen by many tourists. Seeing the beautiful natural scenery on Bukhansan mountain, whether it is morning or night is also very wonderful.
Address: 262 Bogukmun-ro, Jeongneung-dong, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Area: 79.92 km²
Phone: +82 2-909-0497
Established: April 2, 1983
What makes the Banpo bridge special? The answer lies in the Moonlight Rainbow Fountain, the longest bridge fountain in the world. Water in the fountain is pumped directly from the river and cleaned for reuse, demonstrating environmental friendliness.
Address: Banpo 2(i)-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Total length: 1,495 m
Construction started: January 1980
After Gangnam Style fever of Psy singer has somewhat made Gangnam vibrant now much more popular and attractive. Your trip of Seoul will not be perfect if you skip taking photo before the Gangnam Style statue in front of the COEX mall.
With a huge area of 145,000 square meters, COEX is the largest underground shopping mall in the world. COEX has hundreds of shopping stores with all the big and small brands in the world, two vibrant food courts with dozens of restaurants, Megabox cinemas and especially the COEX aquarium along with a huge bookstore.
Address: 513, Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul 06164, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-6002-5300
War Memorial of Korea
The War Memorial of Korea was opened in 1994 on the base of the military headquarters. This Seoul tourist destination expresses respect and remembrance of Korean military history. There are 6 indoor exhibits and 1 outdoor exhibition on the site of the memorial displaying military equipment and memorials of soldiers during wartime.
Address: 29 Itaewon-ro, Namyeong-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Opened: June 10, 1994
Phone: +82 2-709-3139
Collection size: 13,000 items; 20,000 m2 (220,000 sq ft)
Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ)
This demilitarized zone is located on the border between North Korea and South Korea, where the cold war still exists. DMZ is a favorite day-trip tourist destination by many international visitors. Standing at DMZ, you can observe North Korea quite interesting.
Leeum, Samsung Museum of Art
As one of Seoul’s most wonderful fine art museums, Leeum, Samsung Museum of Art has 2 exhibition buildings that are gather both traditional and modern art in Korea. This museum has 36 traditional Korean artworks designated by the government as a national treasure.
Address: 60-16 Itaewon-ro 55-gil, Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-2014-6901
One of the eight gates of the city wall that once surrounded Seoul during the Joseon era, the Heunginjimun gate, also known as the “Gate of Rising Benevolence” located in Dongdaemun district is also considered one of Korea’s famous historical symbols. The gate was built in 1398 to represent the extremely powerful and solemn architectural style at the end of the Joseon period.
Address: 288 Jong-ro, Jongno 5(o).6(yuk)ga-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Phone: +82 2-2148-4166
Seoul every season brings its own beauty, bringing with it different interesting things. So let plan and be ready to visit these tourist places, friends!
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Seoul you can refer to
- Private Incheon International Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Private Incheon Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Incheon International Airport (ICN) Limousine Bus Transfers for Seoul (Gangnam District)
- Klook Exclusive Seoul 5 Day Pass
- Discover Seoul Pass (BTS Edition Available)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket! Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5 Days to travel around the cities in Korea
- Private Incheon Airport (ICN) and Gimpo Airport (GMP) Transfers for Seoul by S.A Tour
- Everland Private Car Charter with Admission Ticket by Wondertrip
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket for Seoul
- [Limited Offer] AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket in Seoul
- Bukchon Oneday Hanbok Rental Experience (4/24 Hrs)
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus (Downtown Palace Namsan Course/Seoul Panorama Course)
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [Sale] Hanbok Experience (Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung Store) with Korean Hairstyling
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you finding more top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out here.