Stinky tofu especially right from the way it was made: The chef will soak fresh tofu in salt water with fermented milk, meat or vegetables, after a certain time, take out them to processing. Those who have tried this dish will either be enchanted or grimace because of the characteristic smell. The gourmet thinks that the heavier smell tofu is the better.
- Must eat food in Taipei — Top 24 best street food in Taipei & best places to eat them
- Best dessert in Taipei — Top 5 sweet cafes & best dessert restaurant in Taipei
- Taipei cafe — 5 most famous & best cafes in Taipei you must visit
- Best cafe in Taipei — 7 most beautiful themed cafes in Taipei you must-visit
- Best beef noodle in Taipei — 9 best beef noodle restaurants in Taipei you should try
There are many ways to cook stinky tofu such as grilled, stewed, braised, steamed or fried. No matter what type of cooking it is, stinky tofu also has its own flavor, color and presentation.
With stinky tofu soup. Satay and spicy chilli peppers, bold taste of pieces of blood, combined with hot broth will warm you up immediately at night. Price for a bowl of $2.15.
After going around for a while, if you are still hungry, the steamed shrimp dumplings will make you satisfied immediately. The shrimp dumplings is steamed and fried on a hot pan for scorching, roasted the edge, the inside is marinated in a standard taste, still juicy, biting a bite is feeling soft and crunchy. Price is about $1.28 / portion.
Taipei night market food guide: Bubble milk tea
Perhaps there is no need to say too much about this famous drink. Currently, this sweet drink is available in many Asian countries, but bubble milk tea in Taiwan always favorited by many people because of its own taste. You will not be hard to find a place to enjoy this drink because it appears popular throughout the streets. This is also an indispensable drink in the list of certain specialties to enjoy of every tourist when booking flights to Taiwan. The price for a glass of bubble tea is about 35 TWD (about $1.14).
Taipei street food night market: Fresh fruit
Visitors will be surprised to see the fresh fruit stalls are beautifully presented at the night market of Shilin, Taipei. Each stall here is available at least 10 different kind of fruits and more. For those who like fruit, this is an opportunity for you to enjoy without worrying about quality, because Taiwan is famous for being the “kingdom of fruits”, where fresh fruits are available year-round. If you do not like to eat directly, you can choose to buy yourself a glass of pure juice with an average price ranging from 35 TWD (about $1.14) and more.
This is also a famous food of Taiwan. This name may be due to the appearance of a black outside appearance, and an unsavoury feeling if you look at it only. Actually these are eggs originate from chicken eggs, quail eggs, pigeon eggs.
The eggs are stewed with soy sauce and a number of different spices to create a rich flavor for eggs for 3 hours. Then, the eggs are dried and continue stew and dry the eggs together for 1 week until the egg yolk turns dark green and the white part is brown. Normally, the smell of these eggs makes many people feel uncomfortable but it is a famous food in Taiwan and sold everywhere. And having eaten the second egg you will feel the essence and deliciousness of this dish.
Gua Bao (Pork Belly Bun)
If compared to beef noodles, hotpot and stinky tofu, the Gua Bao is not well known.
Many people also call this dish is a Taiwanese burger with a soft fragrant crust that folds together, but still reveals the inner part of the stewed pork, pickled cabbage, crushed peanuts and some herbs. The combination of these ingredients create the cake special flavor and does not to satiate.
Taiwan’s most famous Gua Bao (Guabao) is Lan Jia Guabao at Roosevelt Road (Taipei). Here, you will see long queues waiting to enjoy.
Lan Jia Traditional Taiwanese Snack
Address: No. 3, Alley 8, Lane 316, Section 3, Luosifu Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, Taiwan 100
Hours: 11AM–12AM. Closed on Monday
Phone: +886 2 2368 2060
Getting There: Nearest MRT: Gongguan Station
Ji Pai (Deep Fried Chicken)
Chicken is processed in many different ways is always a specialty in many places. But with its own processing, Taiwanese fried chicken is also very special.
Fried chicken is a popular dish and is also a snack that many tourists come to enjoy in the journey to explore Taiwan.
This fried chicken is marinated in a special spice in Taiwan. Chicken will be fried very skillfully so that the layer of fried dough outside is crispy, but inside the chicken still retains its softness and sweetness, not dry, fiber. Chickens must be delicious chicken, tough, soft meat so that when frying meat will not break and friable.
This is a specialty dish of the Taipei night market, the thick, white bread slices are baked until turn yellow, then a hole is cut in the middle and added chowder sauce to eat. Taiwan’s bread creamy chowder bread is like a cake of San Francisco.
A whole pig is roasted with special spices. Customers who want to buy a part, can choose freely. In addition, to save time, sellers also have a few ready-to-sell boxes available for those who want to enjoy.
Thin noodles are introduced as one of the dishes you must try when coming to Taiwan. Noodles are cooked with fibers with size smaller than the toothpicks. Especially, each stall here will process this noodles with different types of ingredients such as pig’s tripes, fish, mushrooms …
- Yilan blog — The fullest Yilan travel guide for a budget trip from Taipei to Yilan, Taiwan.
- Visit Shiding Thousand Island Lake Taiwan — Explore the beautiful scenery of Taipei in one day.
- Must do in Taipei — Top 12 best places to visit & best things to do in Taipei.
- Visit Din Tai Fung Taipei Original (Din Tai Fung Xinyi) — Tasting the best dimsum at the best dimsum restaurant in the world.
- Taipei Kaohsiung itinerary — How to travel from Taipei to Kaohsiung?
- Day trips out of Taipei — Top 8 best day trips from Taipei you definitely should not miss.
- Taipei cafe — 5 most famous & best cafes in Taipei you must visit.
- Best cafe in Taipei — 7 most beautiful themed cafes in Taipei you must-visit.
- Taipei itinerary 3 days — What to do in Taipei for 3 days?
- Taiwan food blog: Taiwan must eat — Top 9 best foods you have to try in Taiwan.
- Taiwan street food blog — Top 10 Taiwan street foods you must-eat.
- Taiwan food trip — 24 hour culinary experience in Taiwan.
- Things to know before going to Taiwan — Top 15 best things to know before visiting Taiwan you have to know.
- Best dessert in Taipei — Top 5 sweet cafes & best dessert restaurant in Taipei.
- Explore Taipei Fish Market — Review seafood experience at Taiwan’s most famous fish market.
- What to do in Taipei at night — Top 8 best things to do in Taipei at night you definitely to try.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taipei you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport MRT Ticket & Exclusive Shopping Coupon
- Luxury Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Explore Taipei City
- Taipei Free Walking Tour Historic Route
- Taipei Double Decker Bus Tour
- Taipei Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter : Jiufen, Pingxi, and North Coast (Chinese/English/Korean)
- Northeast Coast Scenic Day Tour
- Jiufen Shuttle Bus from Ximen
- Yehliu, Shifen, and Jiufen Day Tour with Korean and English Speaking Guides
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you finding more top things to do in Taipei: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Taipei travel blog — The fullest Taipei city guide for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.