Chihkan Tower (Fort Provintia)
- Top night markets in Taiwan — Top 11 best night markets in Taiwan
- Taiwan itinerary 10 days — What to do & How to spend 10 days in Taiwan perfectly?
- Taipei itinerary 4 days — How to spend 4 days in Taipei & what to do in Taipei for 4 days perfectly?
- Taipei night market food — Top 18 best Taipei street food night market you should try
- Taipingshan Yilan blog — How to spend 1 perfect day in Taipingshan National Forest, Yilan?
Chihkan Tower, also known as Fort Provintia, is located in the heart of Tainan City. From the Confucius Temple is only a 5-10 minute walk away. This fort was built by the Dutch as one of the most famous historical sites in Tainan. There are still 9 statues of turtles bringing on the back the large stone plates from the Qing Dynasty, also located in a beautifully decorated campus.
Tourists can easily catch a bus from Tainan station to get there. One more reason you definitely have to visit this fort is the famous Danzai noodle soup that is sold at the shop just a few hundred meters away.
This famous Tainan shop started selling Danzai noodles from 1895, both delicious and cheap! Only 60-70 NT$ for a bowl of noodles.
Address: No. 212, Section 2, Minzu Road, West Central District, Tainan City, Taiwan 700
Phone: +886 6 220 5647
Admission: 50 NT$/person
Hours: 8:30am – 10pm
Getting there: By bus: Take bus no. 17 from Tainan Train Station to Fort Provintia
Tainan itinerary — Day 2: Fort Anping (Fort Zeelandia) – Blueprint Culture and Creative park
Fort Anping (Fort Zeelandia)
Fort Anping, also known as Fort Zeelandia, was built in the 17th century for defensive and commercial purposes, under the domination period of Dutch in Taiwan.
Cannons from the late 18th and 19th centuries are the highlight that can not miss when visiting here.
You can easily find remain ancient relics of the original buildings, as well as stone paintings that imitative the history of this place behind the southern wall of the fort.
A big plus point here is that there is very clear English guides for those who are interested in exploring the history of the fortress, as well as a gallery of the model of the fortress as well as pictures, paintings about the history of this place. From Anping fort, you can walking to visit the old town and the crowded and bustling market nearby. It is important to come here, you do not forget to taste shrimp-chips specialty, bold shrimp taste, you both eat and see the machine make shrimp-chips in front of. Making shrimp-chips is also a work of art, not joking.
Address: No. 82, Guosheng Rd, Anping District, Tainan City, Taiwan 708
Phone: +886 6 226 7348
Admission: 50 TN$
Hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Getting there: By Bus: Take bus no. 2, 88 or 99 to Fort Anping stop.
Blueprint Cultural & Creative Park
Blueprint Cultural and Creative Park is located in the heart of the city, and is an attractive place for young people in Tainan. The space here is quite modest when compared to other creative parks in Taipei such as Songshan or Huanshan 1914. Although small but very wonderful, the level of creativity here is no less anywhere. The most distinctive feature of this place is that the “blue coban house”, which features a hallucinogenic 3D design for the viewer and along with impressionist wall paintings. Especially when lighting up, the 3D effect is even more miraculous, see these paintings feel like being lost in the context of MV “This is what you came for” of Rihanna singer.
Blueprint Cultural & Creative Park
Address: No. 2, Lane 689, Sec. 1, Ximen Road, Tainan 702, Taiwan
Hours: 2:00 PM – 9:00 PM, varied according to each store in the park
Tainan Flowers Night Market
On the evening of Day 2, you can visit the Tainan Flower Night Market to enjoy food and buy gifts. This is the most famous night market in Tainan.
Address: No. 533號, Section 3, Hai’an Road, North District, Tainan City, Taiwan 704
Phone: +886 6 358 3867
Hours: Thu-Thu 18:00-01:00 / Sat-Sun 18:00-01:00
- Tainan blog — The fullest Tainan travel guide blog for a wonderful trip to Tainan, Taiwan.
- Taipei blog — The fullest Taipei travel guide blog for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.
- Yilan blog — The fullest Yilan travel guide for a budget trip from Taipei to Yilan, Taiwan.
- Visit Shiding Thousand Island Lake Taiwan — Explore the beautiful scenery of Taipei in one day.
- Must do in Taipei — Top 12 best places to visit & best things to do in Taipei.
- Visit Din Tai Fung Taipei Original (Din Tai Fung Xinyi) — Tasting the best dimsum at the best dimsum restaurant in the world.
- Taipei Kaohsiung itinerary — How to travel from Taipei to Kaohsiung?
- Day trips out of Taipei — Top 8 best day trips from Taipei you definitely should not miss.
- Taipei cafe — 5 most famous & best cafes in Taipei you must visit.
- Best cafe in Taipei — 7 most beautiful themed cafes in Taipei you must-visit.
- Taipei itinerary 3 days — What to do in Taipei for 3 days?
- Taiwan food blog: Taiwan must eat — Top 9 best foods you have to try in Taiwan.
- Taiwan street food blog — Top 10 Taiwan street foods you must-eat.
- Taiwan food trip — 24 hour culinary experience in Taiwan.
- Must buy souvenir in Taiwan — Top 17 most famous, cheap & best things to buy in Taiwan.
- Things to know before going to Taiwan — Top 15 best things to know before visiting Taiwan you have to know.
Are you looking for more Tainan travel guide, best places to visit and top things to do in Tainan: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out at here.