Chihkan Tower (Fort Provintia)
- Taiwan itinerary 10 days — What to do & How to spend 10 days in Taiwan perfectly?
- Taipei night market food — Top 18 best Taipei street food night market you should try
- Taipingshan Yilan blog — How to spend 1 perfect day in Taipingshan National Forest, Yilan?
- What to do in Taipei at night? — Top 8 best things to do in Taipei at night you definitely to try
- Best dessert in Taipei — Top 5 sweet cafes & best dessert restaurant in Taipei
Chihkan Tower, also known as Fort Provintia, is located in the heart of Tainan City. From the Confucius Temple is only a 5-10 minute walk away. This fort was built by the Dutch as one of the most famous historical sites in Tainan. There are still 9 statues of turtles bringing on the back the large stone plates from the Qing Dynasty, also located in a beautifully decorated campus.
Tourists can easily catch a bus from Tainan station to get there. One more reason you definitely have to visit this fort is the famous Danzai noodle soup that is sold at the shop just a few hundred meters away.
This famous Tainan shop started selling Danzai noodles from 1895, both delicious and cheap! Only 60-70 NT$ for a bowl of noodles.
Address: No. 212, Section 2, Minzu Road, West Central District, Tainan City, Taiwan 700
Phone: +886 6 220 5647
Admission: 50 NT$/person
Hours: 8:30am – 10pm
Getting there: By bus: Take bus no. 17 from Tainan Train Station to Fort Provintia
Tainan itinerary — Day 2: Fort Anping (Fort Zeelandia) – Blueprint Culture and Creative park
Fort Anping (Fort Zeelandia)
Fort Anping, also known as Fort Zeelandia, was built in the 17th century for defensive and commercial purposes, under the domination period of Dutch in Taiwan.
Cannons from the late 18th and 19th centuries are the highlight that can not miss when visiting here.
You can easily find remain ancient relics of the original buildings, as well as stone paintings that imitative the history of this place behind the southern wall of the fort.
A big plus point here is that there is very clear English guides for those who are interested in exploring the history of the fortress, as well as a gallery of the model of the fortress as well as pictures, paintings about the history of this place. From Anping fort, you can walking to visit the old town and the crowded and bustling market nearby. It is important to come here, you do not forget to taste shrimp-chips specialty, bold shrimp taste, you both eat and see the machine make shrimp-chips in front of. Making shrimp-chips is also a work of art, not joking.
Address: No. 82, Guosheng Rd, Anping District, Tainan City, Taiwan 708
Phone: +886 6 226 7348
Admission: 50 TN$
Hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Getting there: By Bus: Take bus no. 2, 88 or 99 to Fort Anping stop.
Blueprint Cultural & Creative Park
Blueprint Cultural and Creative Park is located in the heart of the city, and is an attractive place for young people in Tainan. The space here is quite modest when compared to other creative parks in Taipei such as Songshan or Huanshan 1914. Although small but very wonderful, the level of creativity here is no less anywhere. The most distinctive feature of this place is that the “blue coban house”, which features a hallucinogenic 3D design for the viewer and along with impressionist wall paintings. Especially when lighting up, the 3D effect is even more miraculous, see these paintings feel like being lost in the context of MV “This is what you came for” of Rihanna singer.
Blueprint Cultural & Creative Park
Address: No. 2, Lane 689, Sec. 1, Ximen Road, Tainan 702, Taiwan
Hours: 2:00 PM – 9:00 PM, varied according to each store in the park
Tainan Flowers Night Market
On the evening of Day 2, you can visit the Tainan Flower Night Market to enjoy food and buy gifts. This is the most famous night market in Tainan.
Address: No. 533號, Section 3, Hai’an Road, North District, Tainan City, Taiwan 704
Phone: +886 6 358 3867
Hours: Thu-Thu 18:00-01:00 / Sat-Sun 18:00-01:00
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Tainan you can refer to
- Kaohsiung Airport Transfers (KHH) for Tainan
- Tainan Private Car Charter
- Private Multi-City Car Charter for Taiwan
- THSR One Way Ticket to or from Tainan
- Tainan Classic Attractions Day Tour
- Tainan Historic Sites Pass (Tainan Station Pick Up)
- Double-Decker Sightseeing Tour Bus in Tainan
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you looking for more Tainan travel guide, best places to visit and top things to do in Tainan: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out at here.