Noodle soup in Taoyuan Road
Located very close to the Presidential Palace is Taoyuan Road. Here you will be
able to find countless shops selling one of Taiwan’s most distinctive dishes, the beef noodle soup. Most people agree that the eateries are not what they used to be, which is often referred to as the noodle soup, the best place to eat. Most taxi drivers know this place. Or you can find it yourself by scanned and compared to the pictures found online. It looks a bit shabby but you do not have to be fooled, here sell the best beef noodle soup in this city. You will be able to choose between two broths, one red and one simple. In general, choose one because both are delicious.
- Must do in Taipei — Top 12 best places to visit & best things to do in Taipei
- Day trips out of Taipei — Top 8 best day trips from Taipei you definitely should not miss
- Where to go in Taipei? — 14 Top places to visit in Taipei & Best places to visit in Taipei
- Taipei itinerary 4 days — How to spend 4 days in Taipei & what to do in Taipei for 4 days perfectly?
- Taipei night market food — Top 18 best Taipei street food night market you should try
Taipei’s Longshan Temple (also known as Lungshan, Longshan self) is one of the most famous places in Tapei. Originally built during the Qing Dynasty, but due to the catastrophe caused by both nature and people, this temple has had to be remodeled a few times already. However, the architecture of this place is still impressive with impressive wood carving and decoration. The area around Longshan Temple is also of historical importance, giving you a different perspective on the older part of Taipei, with many folk and antique shops, interspersed with drugstores.
Address: No. 211, Guangzhou Street, Wanhua District, Taipei City, Taiwan 10853
Phone: +886 2 2302 5162
Opening Hour: 18:00–22:00
Price: Entrance free
Huahsi Night Market
Right on the corner from Longshan Temple, Huahsi Night Market is one of the most exciting night markets in Taipei. Known as the Snake, the Huahsi (or Huaxi) night market is where you should go once, even if you do not want to buy anything. You will be able to find typical food only in the night market, plus a shopping mall that will take you to the past of this land.
As well as its suggested name, Snake Alley has been home to countless restaurants and shops selling objects and products made from snakes. You will still be able to find some such shops here today, Chinese herbal traders from solid.
Huahsi Night Market
Address: Huashi Street, Wanhua District, Taipei City, Taiwan 108
Phone: +886 2 2388 1818
Opening Hours: 16:00- 00:00
Ximen Red House – Ximending
The Ximen symbol building, also known as the Red House Theater, is one of Taipei’s most vibrant nightlife areas, Ximending. It was built in 1908 and was Taiwan’s first public market. A lot of interesting events are held here. There are shops with many trendy, even exotic things. It is similar to Harajuku County in Tokyo. You can also see groups of cosplayers on weekends.
Ximen Red House – Ximending:
Address: No. 10, Chengdu Road, Wanhua District, Taipei City, Taiwan 108
Phone: +886 2 2311 9380
Opening Hours: 11:00–22:00
Taipei itinerary 3 days: What to do in Taipei for 3 days in Day 3
Also known as Muzha, Taipei Zoo was built in 1914 with all kinds of animals in the world here, but perhaps the most famous is the Big Panda House. 2 panda friends were given to Taiwan and they have another baby, which was first launched in December 2014. You also visit other wildlife here such as the koala, bird Penguins, and African animals.
Address: No. 30, Section 2, Xinguang Road, Wenshan District, Taipei City Taiwan 116
Phone: +886 2 2938 2300#630
Opening Hours: 09:00–17:00
Price: Adults: NT$ 60; Discount Prices: NT$ 30. School students with student ID.
Located right next to the Taipei Zoo is the Maokong Gondola. After you have explored the zoo, jump to the gondola to go up to the top of Mt. Maokong, where you will find many tea gardens, shops, restaurants and even a tea museum. If the weather is good then you can watch the scenery of Taipei City from above.
Address: No.8, Sec. 2, Xinguang Rd., Wenshan Dist., Taipei City 116, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Opening hours: 9:00-22:00
The location of the original Din Tai Fung is the iconic attraction in Taipei, but you can eat the same quality in Taipei 101 without having to wait too long. The typical menu is where the soup curtain. Inside the core is filled with pork (or possibly other ingredients) and hot water. Other dishes you can try are wonton, spicy noodles, spicy cucumber, bamboo shoots, red bean dumplings for dessert.
Din Tai Fung (101 Brand)
Address:110, Taiwan, Taipei City, Xinyi District, City Hall Rd
Phone: +886 2 8101 7799
Taipei 101 is the best place to beat other famous venues in Taipei. The Taipei 101 floor has many high-end department stores. Go to the 5th floor and buy a ticket to enter the observatory at the top of the building, which was once the tallest building in the world.
You will get a high-speed lift to reach level 89, then walk around the observatory. When the weather is good you can go up a few floors, reaching the 91st floor with an outdoor observatory. On the way out you will pass a jade museum, along with a shop where you can buy souvenirs or just watch the Taiwanese-style pearls.
Address: No.45, Shifu Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei city, Taiwan
Opening Hours: 9 AM to 10 PM
Raohe Road Night Market
The Raohe Street Night Market is one of the oldest and most traditional places in Taipei. This market has a myriad of specialties, making it an indispensable place for visitors. Some of the most delicious dishes here can be described as pork dumplings with black pepper, herbs, pork ribs, live oysters and more. People are long queues to buy dumplings. It is on the edge of this market. Also, visit the shops and stopping to try traditional Taiwanese ice cream on the way home.
Raohe Road Night Market
Address: Raohe Street, Songshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 105
Phone:+886 2 2763 5733
Opening Hours: 17:00–23:00
With a 3 day trip to Taipei, you can choose to visit other parts of Taiwan such as Mount Alishan. In this place, you can see flowers peach in the spring. You can also visit tea plantations and enjoy genuine Taiwanese milk tea. Surely this will be an unforgettable experience for you when you come to this land.
- Taipei blog — The fullest Taipei travel guide blog for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.
- Yilan blog — The fullest Yilan travel guide for a budget trip from Taipei to Yilan, Taiwan.
- Visit Shiding Thousand Island Lake Taiwan — Explore the beautiful scenery of Taipei in one day.
- Must do in Taipei — Top 12 best places to visit & best things to do in Taipei.
- Visit Din Tai Fung Taipei Original (Din Tai Fung Xinyi) — Tasting the best dimsum at the best dimsum restaurant in the world.
- Taipei Kaohsiung itinerary — How to travel from Taipei to Kaohsiung?
- Day trips out of Taipei — Top 8 best day trips from Taipei you definitely should not miss.
- Taipei cafe — 5 most famous & best cafes in Taipei you must visit.
- Best cafe in Taipei — 7 most beautiful themed cafes in Taipei you must-visit.
- Taipei itinerary 3 days — What to do in Taipei for 3 days?
- Taiwan food blog: Taiwan must eat — Top 9 best foods you have to try in Taiwan.
- Taiwan street food blog — Top 10 Taiwan street foods you must-eat.
- Taiwan food trip — 24 hour culinary experience in Taiwan.
- Must buy souvenir in Taiwan — Top 17 most famous, cheap & best things to buy in Taiwan.
- Things to know before going to Taiwan — Top 15 best things to know before visiting Taiwan you have to know.
- Best dessert in Taipei — Top 5 sweet cafes & best dessert restaurant in Taipei.
Do you want explore Taipei in a day? Refer to a tour: Explore Taipei City.
Are you looking for more Taipei travel guide and top things to do in Taipei: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Taipei travel blog — The fullest Taipei city guide for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.