Pho Cao market (Pho Cao commune, Dong Van, Ha Giang) is a backward market, which opens on the backward days of the week. Pho Cao Market is a cultural meeting place for 17 ethnic minority groups in Pho Cao village, Dong Van district, of the northern mountainous province of Ha Giang.
- 17+ photos show the enchanting beauty of Dong Van Karst Plateau Geopark Vietnam
- 10+ photos show the magical of Pho Bang valleys in Ha Giang Rock Plateau in Vietnam
- 10+ photos revealed the beauty of Ha Giang in bloom season
- Visiting Bung Binh Thien — The “Inle Lake” of Vietnam
- 10+ pictures revealed the hidden beauty of ancient Hue city
If this week, it opens on Sunday, next week, it will open on Saturday and in the following weeks, it will open on Friday, Thursday and so on…Situated on the 4C national road, Pho Cao market is not only a place of buying and selling products but also a place of cultural exchange among 17 ethnic groups in the bordering region. The market opens in the early morning and is covered by fog all year round. This is also a special feature of Pho Cao market and other markets in the mountainous areas. Every market-day is crowded, animated and attractive for visitors.
Location: 25 kilometes from the town center of Dong Van, Ha Giang
Garthering time: This is a descending ethnic market which takes place every 6 days and extends until noon.
Features: The market is next to Highway 4C with the scale of 1,000 square meter.
Local specialties: corn wine, soybeans, brocades.